Walt Disney World reviews

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Private Dining - Special Order Cake

So I've read where other people had custom small cakes ordered for their special occasions and wanted to do the same for our anniversary dinner at Narcoosee's. I was fortunate that we were already choosing to eat at a Grand Floridian restaurant, because there would be no delivery fee since the Grand has a bakery onsite.

So I called the Grand Floridian and asked to be connected to the bakery. Instead I was connected to Private Dining. The lady I spoke to very nice, be didn't have enough information (as I found out later). We spoke about the three options for cakes. I believed all cake options were 6" round cakes. I won't go into all the details discussed here, if you are really interested, you can search for my post on the Echo. In the end I chose the Mini Castle Cake. I was so excited to surprise my hubby with this.

When the waitress brought it out that night, my jaw hit the floor. I was staring at a very "cute" castle....CUPCAKE. Seriously. It was the size of a cupcake. For $25. I was stunned, but kept quiet until the waitress left.

On the upside, the little cake was very good, and we enjoyed it.

If you want to do this, I would suggest calling the Wedding Planning office to find out about cake options, or insisting Private Dining confirm the size of the cakes. Since I thought I knew what she was saying, I wasn't adament about finding a second resource.

Since the lighting was not kind to my camera, I'm posting both pictures I took, combine them with your imagination and you'll have an accurate representation of the cake :-)